On being constantly criticized for her teeth:
As with so many women, my relationship to the trappings of beauty changes every day. And from the first time I read a tooth criticism online, I developed the habits of the suddenly self-conscious, pursing my lips at inopportune times like I’d just sucked down half a lemon.
What if the whiteness of my new teeth doesn’t match the rest of my face— freckled, uneven, and often makeup-free? Will it be the equivalent of a heavy-handed spray tan on someone who refuses to leave their Maui hotel room? And, perhaps most pressing, how good will this really make me feel?
I feel deeply that it is our differences that unite us; that it is the strange details of our faces that make us so totally human. If the mouth is a third window to the soul, then I want mine to look like someone has punched their way through it in a mad rageI will continue on: beaver-toothed, yellowed, enraging the internet one post at a time with a smile only a mother could love.
… says Lena.
Incoming search terms:lena dunham measurements
On having high self esteem:
I really thought I never cared what I looked like… the basics of bodily self-consciousness — being hyper-critical about my undulating belly, my wide ass, my off-white buck teeth, my whatever being too whatever — have mostly passed me by. I laughed when I read [mean] comments… Because they didn’t know my secret: I AM a model. As Jenni so elegantly puts it, I am Rihanna to myself…
On her skin condition called rosacea:
A few weeks ago, a course of steroids to treat a massive flare of joint pain and instability led to rosacea’s [sic] appearing overnight… Then, after a long, sweaty night shoot in which I was covered in strange makeup, I washed my face to reveal that the rosacea had become hundreds of tiny pimple-blisters that covered me from forehead to neck…I got used to having good skin over the years. Showing up to photo shoots and being told, “You barely need any makeup at all!” My skin remained dreamy, even through hormone fluctuations, new medications, and daily, sweaty on-set makeup wear…
On how getting rosacea made her realize she was vain:
Seven years of being treated in the public eye like a punch line about female imperfection may not have felt like it was wearing me down, but it had actually forced me to rely emotionally on my one area of fully conventional beauty: my perfect f-ng skin. But I have been forced to finally mourn the long, slow hit on my self-image. I thought my adolescent attitude, the take-no-prisoners approach to my own look and form, could carry me through the onslaught of critical attention. I thought I could intellectualize it away. But I can’t.
Incoming search terms:lena Dunham thin
, curvy lena new 2017 xx
, hayden panettiere skinny gossip
, lena dunham skinny
, lena dunham thinner
, lena dunham weight gain
, skinny Lena dunham
, what dress size lena dunham?
Lena Dunham abandoned her long locks and went for an edgy pixie cut this week. How do you all like it?
Lena Dunham’s New Pixie Cut – Makeover or Makeunder?
Lena a short while back:
See one more snap inside!
Incoming search terms:lena dunham 2017
, lena dunham 2018 pixie
, lena dunham Highest weight what clothes size?
, lena dunham thin
, lena dunham weight loss
On loving her body despite the criticism:
I spent so many years loving my body but thinking it wasn’t lovable by others- its sole purpose was to be fodder for jokes. I performed the insult so no one else could. I don’t regret any of it- that’s my art and that was my truth- but now, at age 31, having been through hell and back with my health and other people’s perceptions of my physicality, I feel deeply comfortable with the idea that this pear-shaped pot of honey is equally good for making people laugh and laying out like a Suicide Girl circa 2004. Love it all.
… says Lena on Instagram.
See her actual post plus more shots inside!
Incoming search terms:???? ??????
, curvy body image
, curvy body images
, curvy hd image
, kylie jenner hot imeg
, lena dunham
, lena dunham weight kg
On her version of dieting:
20 slimdown diet tips!
1. anxiety disorder *
2. resultant constant nausea
3. an election that reveals the true depths of American misogyny
4. constant sweaty dreams of dystopian future
5. abdominal adhesions pinning ovary below uterus *
6. baseless but still harrowing threats to physical safety online and through smail mail
7. watching institutions you love from Planned Parenthood to PBS be threatened by cartoon mustache-twirling villains
8. finally realizing superheroes aren’t real (specifically the X-Factor, really thought they’d handle this)
9. marching your ass off
10. a quiet rage that replaces need for food with need for revenge
11. sleeping 19 hours a day
12. realizing that even the liberal media wants dem clicks no matter whut
13. worrying ceaselessly about the health and safety of women you know and women you don’t
14. realizing who ya real friends are
15. having to switch from Uber to Lyft (lots of calories burned trying to understand a new app, then even more trying to understand if the conflict was resolved)
16. bladder spasms, urinary frequency and urgency *
17. having your phone number leaked and violent images texted to your phone by randos under names like [email protected]
18. keeping your back arched against the wind
19. um, who the f~~~ cares?
20. I have no tips I give no tips I don’t want to be on this cover cuz it’s diametrically opposed to everything I’ve fought my whole career for and it’s not a compliment to me because it’s not an achievement thanx * Star indicates a pre-existing condition
… says Lena on Instagram, next to the image below:
Incoming search terms:lena dunham thinner